Monday, May 11, 2015

MICROWAVE EGGLESS NO BUTTER CHOCO SPONGE CAKE

Hello everyone
Today I am sharing a very easy yet tempting eggless chocolate cake which I made for my daughter's b'day. Icing or frosting is your own choice , whether you want or not but this cake itself is just an awesome delight for your guests on any occasion. As you know I always try to make stuffs healthier as much as I can. So here also I used 50:50 APF and whole wheat flour and substituted butter with refined oil. It's all time favorite cake of my kids and hope you all will also like it. Recipe is adapted from Tarala Dalal's recipe with my own twist and turns.
Recipe is given below .

 MICROWAVE EGGLESS NO BUTTER CHOCO SPONGE CAKE




Ingredients

3/4 cup all purpose flour ( maida)
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup refined oil
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar ( I used little lesser )
6 tbsp yoghurt ( curd, dahi)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence



Method:

Beat yoghurt well and mix baking soda in it softly, keep aside. Now mix both flours and cocoa powder together. Heat water in a microwave safe bowl for 2 mins at high. Then add sugar, water and oil together and mix well till sugar dissolves . Now add yoghurt mixture, vanilla essence and flours in it and fold gently to get lump less batter. Transfer batter in a greased microwave container and microwave for 5 mins at high. Check for doneness by inserting knife or skewer in middle of cake if it came out clean then done , otherwise microwave it for another 30 secs. Different microwave may take different cooking time. Mine took exactly 5mins 30 secs. Let it rest for 5-10 mins then invert on a wire rack and let it cool completely before doing any frosting . 






As I made doll cake for my daughter's b'day , so for it I made two cakes using this recipe , one round and other dome shaped of same diameter .Arranged it one above other and placed a doll at top then did frosting. If you want extra flavour then can cut cake horizontally and apply some cream on it , I added Nutella layers in between each layers.



Your yummy tempting and extremely easy cake is ready to serve, hope you will definitely try it and please share your experience with me too. I will like to clarify any doubt or queries regarding recipe. Your comments and suggestions are precious , so please keep pouring.

Happy cooking....

No comments: