Thursday, April 9, 2015

NO OIL COMPLAN CAKE

Hello everyone
Today I have a simple yet healthy cake recipe for kids. Generally kids are too fond of chocolate cakes and want to have it wherever or whenever they want. Same happened to me this morning when they demanded cake for their tiffin. In the morning we have so much chores to tackle and this demand , to bake, seems to be so irritating and not suitable for tiffin but I planned to give healthy and quick yet kids pleasing cake. So made this whole wheat flour COMPLAN CAKE for them in microwave. And luckily ( as it added another innovation in my cake, so I must say lucky me) I forgot to add oil to my cake batter but to my surprise the cake turned out so soft and moist. This is easiest cake I ever made and of  course yummy too. 
Detailed recipe is given below , hope you all will appreciate it.




Ingredients 

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup milk (Luke warm)
1/3 cup sugar (can be increased if want more sweet)
2 tbsp Complan powder
2 tbsp drinking chocolate ( cocoa powder)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence 
1 medium carrot, grated



Method:

Mix well all dry ingredients together. Add flour mix , carrot and vanilla essence in milk and fold gently to get lump less cake batter. If it looks little thick then add some water and fold to get dosa like consistency batter. Now pour batter in greased microwave save pan and bake at high for 4 mins. Check for done ness by inserting knife or skewer in middle of cake if it came out clean then done otherwise bake for other 30 mins and check again. To make patterns on cake as shown in pic, take two tbsp of batter in a bowl and add 1 tsp cocoa powder to it mix well. Then with the help of spoon make slanting lines of dark brown batter then pour cake batter over it and bake.
You can also use horlicks or any other drink supplement of chocolate flavor in place of Complan.
So enjoy this easy peasy healthy cake made in no time .
Hope you all will like my this little initiative toward healthy cooking. Please pour your precious comments and suggestions here so that I can improve further to give you much more healthy cum easy simple cooking.



Happy cooking....


No comments: